Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Before and After

  

  

I may have written about the book "Britain's Wonderful Airforce" at some point. My father was given a copy during the war which I think was signed by a fighter pilot. Being small boys, my brother and I got hold of the book and over the course of years we wrecked it, took pages out to trace and general abused it. Two Christmasses ago, I found a copy on the Internet and bought it to try and relieve myself of some of the guilt. My dad, who is not effusive about much was impressed enough for the gift to have a notable affect on his demeanour compared to normal socks/ties/birding books which he gets at Christmas. Anyway, I found another copy a few days ago and the pictures above are by way of expressing the distress that we caused to the original.

No comments: