Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Welcome to the Madness

... and welcome to all of you who read that post after I posted it with just the title. Not sure how that happened. Here is a little something to wind you up - frighten you even. I'm not sure how either Mr or Mrs Myerson write for the Guardian - they seem like your average conservative like-to-think-they're-intellectuals. Maybe I just can't tell. I did read Living With Teenagers and the whole thing struck me as rather sad. Maybe I have all that to come with my own little darlings but I would hope with a little less swearing.

All this has reminded me of the section of Michael Rosen's Radio 4 show - Word of Mouth - which yesterday talked about Snark - from SNide remARK - and how these days anyone in a blog can be really nasty about someone because it's all anonymous and all at a distance. I try not to be snarky but it is very easy to be so, knowing that the one man and his dog who usually read this blog have lately got bored and gone down the pub. I can be as nasty as I like. That Gordon Brown - useless I tell you. I suppose for the sake of balance I should really be snarky about David Cameron, that nice Nick Clegg and all the other little party leaders out there but I can't really be bothered to find out anything factual to be nasty about. I do hope the wilder speculation about Patsy becoming PM (seems to have taken over from Jezzer as the People's PM of popular choice) is not true as I just couldn't say anything horrible about her at all- not when she's carrying that Kukri anyway.

No comments: