Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Don't Break The Time Now - Replay The Game For Each Other

Listening to Shuffle - currently Ryuichi Sakamoto Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia

More fog today. The motorway was closed on Monday so the journey home was on small, fog-bound roads and took 2 hours. I could imagine some undefined horror happening in that terrible, smoky light but after a while it reminds me of the remote house on a common where I used to live which was quite nice when you got used to the weather and the dark and the mud. We never appreciated while we lived there though I would love to get back there. It chimes with my view of how long things to worry about remain as worries. I would not have said I was happy when I was at school; I could take it or leave it which contrasts with the excitement I get going in to work when something tricky and satisfying is in progress. There is of course the filter of history, the fact that we only remember the good things about our lives, sunny summers and all that stuff. The Taming of the Shrew reminded me of the few trips we took to Stratford from school. We saw Twelfth Night there with the guy who played Blake in Blake’s Seven as Orsino. I remember the visit because our head girl taught me how to walk on the correct side. I wonder what she is doing now.

No comments: