Monday, August 11, 2003

Top Quark Withins

I think I started an argument last night. We taped the Brontë programme yesterday and then I watched some BBC puff which followed a drop of water around the world - all style over actual content - so we had to wait to see the Brontë thing until quite late. This of course was much more worthy and interesting what with having an actual story line to follow. It was very sad to see Charlotte's life broken down by unrequited love at all turns. I have still never managed to complete a Brontë novel but I am sure I will one day. Maybe I should not get so hung up about having to finish something. I feel slightly shallow having got all my information about the sisters from the TV or my wife though I have read Mrs Gaskell's book for some odd reason. At least I have read half of Orwell's output before starting on a biography.

The argument was over science v art as usual though it might have been sparked in part by the programme we watched earlier regarding the future of the Catholic Religion.

Arthur bruised his upper arm.

I feel inspired to write again so bye for now.

No comments: