Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dear Esther,


    The sky is brilliant blue tonight, a strange fault-line with my mood and my memory of the island. And though those memories might seem dark and brooding when recalled, they are amongst my happiest. You perhaps imagine I am crazy, that I know nothing of the modern world. Maybe this is indeed true but they are my memories and you have no say over them. You may as well imagine yourself as unlike my recollections but that is your mistake for you shine like a diamond over this calm sea, in defiance of the raucous screeching of the gulls and other birds. In a dream last night I thought I fell but in the end I was flying across this, my entire world for the last month and I was on my way home, back to you and the dark underwater places that you inhabit now.


No comments: