Thursday, November 17, 2011

My God it's Full of Xs!


A Fiendish Thingy Yesterday
Daughter had a friend for tea yesterday and during the standard "What did you do at school yesterday?" interrogation around the table she replied that she learnt something that she must "add to her algebra poster" which had us all boggling. I wouldn't be surprised if our youngest starts on the same thing as maths is his favourite subject and he has already come out with some instant replies to his sisters homework, which is slightly worrying. I wish I'd got that excited by maths when I was at school. Algebra has only recently become cool and only then amongst a certain group of kids who delight in the name and the business of geeks (they are not nerds - they ARE geeks as I keep getting told). It is only a pity that there isn't some sort of work they could be doing for national security between the manga obsessions and the music lessons.

No comments: