Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Elvis Has Some New Dancing Shoes


Well the attic has been rifled for various decs and the tree is up. No tinsel this year and it still looks wonderful. Have I ever told you I hate tinsel? Well I don't hate the look of it - it's a bit like cobwebs - they look alright from a distance but the thought of touching them makes me shiver. If you want to get me to leave you alone - should I be mugging you say - then just wave some tinsel on a stick at me and I will be away to a corner gibbering waiting for the nice boys in blue to take me away to a place of safety.

As usual, Christmas has arrived suddenly, without warning. Last week it was boiling hot and now all the office boys are warning us of snow. Bring it on - I love snow as much as I hate tinsel. It wipes out all the darkness - levels us all even. So there we are - really important things going on in the world and I am talking about tinsel and snow. I did want to rant about something today but I have taken the deep breath and counted to 10 and now it's all gone away.

No comments: