Monday, June 01, 2009

Hawling Like Brooligans

I don't whine do I?

Atheists: No God, just whining It all seems like a lot of name calling and while I obviously lean in one direction to the extend that I need scaffolding to stop being prone I can't help feeling that my declared enlightened ignorance is under attack here. Anyway, much more interesting is the local-political brawling over the imminent opening of Romeo and Juliet's Adult Boutique in Stratford-upon-Avon. Shakespeare's plays are of course the definitive catastrophe theory cusp separating high and low culture so this could well be the plot of a great, lost play by Bill Da Bard who I am sure would have popped in from time to time for French Ticklers and Grow-it-big cream.

Beautiful weather here as everywhere and what with the general air of all-things-seventies - three-day-weeks - financial crises etc - I seem to be going back in time - not of course in the surreal Life-on-Mars/Ashes-to-Ashes way but rather more like remembering when we had nowt and felt much better for it. Give me a book and a sunny day and I am happy(ish) - well ... as longs as I can read it in the shade. let's face it, swine flu and heat-waves are going to kill more of us than the credit crunch so let's get all this into proportion and concentrate on the real matters in hand like impeaching a few MPs and getting ourselves a proper written constitution. I do hope you all know where your polling cards are for Thursday.

Book of the month is The Cloud Collector's Handbook from my pals at The Cloud Appreciation Society (sorry just came over all Piers Moron there). It looks like an I-Spy book for clouds. We went for a walk across what is officially called The Country Park but is know locally by most people as "The Tip" and there was fantastic and long-lived cloud, shaped like a phoenix. Unfortunately with our main PC in dock with heat-stroke, the fantastic photos of this will have to wait for while. There was also a Sparrow Hawk which refused to allow itself to be photographed as anything more than a dot in the distance. I did try and get a picture of the bat last night but the camera wouldn't focus on it. We also have an Tawny Owl but of course that is far too elusive.

Catty Update: 12:53 - Ouch and indeed mkgnao.

No comments: