Monday, April 30, 2007

To Be Precise, One Has No Frets

Daughter was much taken with the Dalek on a stick which was used by the Doctor Who Crew to provide an eye-line for the cast when filming some special-effects shots. She is allowed to stay up late for Doctor Who Confidential which my wife says means that she is less scared of the monsters – it is difficult to be frightened of a Cyberman when you have seen it ask to be excused like Private Godfrey. I was especially amused by the two conspiratorial Daleks discussing whether they no longer trusted Dalek Sec. One of them looked around furtively to see if he was overheard before replying to his brother. And “First floor – perfumery” – how camp is that?

I have lost my copy of
Godel, Escher Bach. I am sure it used to be in the bedroom and I have been wanting to read bits of it again recently. I cannot think where it has gone. I want to get the new edition but one of the Amazon reviews complains about the quality of the paper and the old hardback edition is £30. Maybe it had a fight with one of Rudy Rucker’s books and they fell into a wormhole between this set of dimensions and another. You may enjoy

No comments: