Thursday, May 05, 2005

Swallows And Amazons For Ever

Listening to Middle Of Nowhere by Orbital

They had the same Drum Machine as me you know. The difference was that they knew how to use it; I just used to sit there listening to the sound of breaking glass and bashed dustbins with a childish smile on my face. Oh! And they became very rich.

I was working late last night, here in this huge empty office, all on my own, spinning files between servers so many miles away. Technology is magic as Arthur C. Clarke said some time. Ennui has now flowed over me like some dark cloud. Each of these sentences is having to be dragged out and I am stoping at every fifth word just to sit and work out if it is worth carrying on 'til the next one.

Aha! Something interesting has just sprung to mind. There is one of those awful Gee-Whizz adverts on TV at the moment. It is for a wonderfully huge panoramic TV which boasts about the 18 bllion colours it can display on-screen. I seem to remember from my graphics support that the Human eye can only distinguish 10 million colours. So massively over-engineered there!

See You.

No comments: