Wednesday, April 23, 2003

A dictionary of Fairies and other extra-natural phenomena in Worcestershire

If compiling a VB program which has to include references to 4 other .dlls which are also someone else's source code means anything to you then please have some sympathy for me. I hate other people's code especially when it has no comment other that 'I wrote this so there' in it.

A long weekend and still nothing to report other than a local fascination with a dead cat. Yesterday, the poor animal was finally removed by whichever 'directorate' of our local government handles such things and still there were groups of small boys gathered around the spot, having left one of their number to mind the Jumpers they were so obviously using for goalposts. Am I turning in Nicolson Baker? I refer of course to 'Mezzanine'. I am currently sitting in my lunch hour observing things though I cannot work out how Baker could get a book out of one hour.

I did listen to a bit of 70's folk rock this weekend and indeed I have two of the albums with me at the moment the clues to which are :-

Produced by Anthony H Wilson
Guest appearance by Peter Sellers on Acoustic Ukelele (Though he calls it a Banjo)

Of course the big thing we are waiting for is the 2003 re-recording of Tubular Bells - Sample here. Sadly my Daughter already recognises the tune and is therefore about to join the ranks of tank-top-dom to which engineers and other geeks aspire. Or maybe it is just a great piece of music. Only a month to go. Now the decision is whether to just get the new recording or the flashy complete Tubular Bells box set with the bonus DVD of special mixes at 50 quid. I hate marketing.

No comments: