Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Six Wheels on my Wagon


And now over to the world's nicest poker player and all round clever-clogs - Victoria Coren with her fiendish quiz - Only Connect. At one end of the game show scale we have Deal or No deal - a game with tense music even during the funny bits, and no real need for skill because the whole thing is based on a string of random numbers and an annoying elf called Noel. At the other end we have the 8:30 Monday slot on BBC4 which requires something akin to the intelligence of a Cryptic Crossword setter multiplied by a Rocket Surgeon (or Brain Scientist). You can play the connecting wall game for yourself complete with dry encouragement by Ms Coren herself. Visit and feel smug (or more likely a waste of cortex).

1 comment:

Ed said...

Friend of mine introduced me to this only last week. It's tough, he said. Ha! At last a match for my superior skills! Had somewhat changed my tune after he showed me the first wall game ...