Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Distant Apology

The new look is quite inspiring. All the little niggles about the difficulties of posting as well as all the strange display options have been removed leaving me with something which is both easy to use and quite slick-looking at the same time. This picture was an attempt at something like the wonderful shots on the Cloud Appreciation Society website but my photos never come out with any of the contrast and interest that are required. Anyway, this is looking down our street this morning towards what looked like the first of the various thunderheads waiting to ruin the day. I am of course only mentioning the weather because the current reading has a chapter on the mostly-amateur recorders of sun, rain, wind and temperature who built up the modern science of meteorology. However, the more I read about these obsessive collectors, the less I am inclined to break out the clipboard and thermometer, not that I was going to anyway. Och a vay.


No comments: