Friday, October 28, 2005

Just Rattle It Captain Clever!

Listening to Old Kate Bush in lieu of the new.

It has been a bad week in Lake Wobegone – a very bad week! Not one but two crises came along on the same day, both involving health-threatening situations and one actually going as far as requiring an ambulance. All Ok now though thank you for asking. Just look at what you could have got.

I’m still a bit shaky but as neither of the affected people was me, that is just sad and I will just have to get over it.

Still, we have Aerial to look forward to in less than two weeks now. Oh so delicious a wait for this. Pain in the brain and heart and no more thoughts of the concrete. The picture of the mirrored clouds on the cover reminds me of hanging upside down on the railings of the bridge across the common. And is the sound trace, the word ‘Aerial’?

I finished the Peel Biography; the Appendix contains his summary of what would be in the book. He sent this to his agent in 1992 and it is hilarious, though I am curious to how I would have reacted to it if I had I read it before the book. I don’t often get the shiver when reading that usually accompanies a special piece of music but it was here with this one, like it was for the end of Valerie Grove’s The Well-Loved Stranger.

Yes I know it’s not Stephen Fry.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Mystified by this post's title, which is no bad thing, unlike your various bad things. I trust your shakiness and general oscillation has subsided.

I got that shiver last night when watching an old West Wing episode, the one where Bartlet is deciding whether to run for re-election and stubs out his ciggy in the cathedral. I was choking up in the final few minutes. Great drama, not from the BBC.