Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Question Everything

Listening to Out of Season by Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man

I was going to say I found a great second-had record store at the weekend but I already knew it was there. It is one of those shaded cubes filled to the point of nearly having no space to walk with crates of vinyl and CDs. All second hand CDs are £5 and I didn't get started on the Vinyl. We don't actually have a record player (deck - whatever the kids call the spinny thing with the arm and the needle these days) at the moment. All my records are still in boxes (upright of course) and most of them have only been played when I put them to tape. A good lot of them are also on CD somewhere close and I suppose I should check the web for any of value and dispose of the rest.

With the convenience of the media player on this PC at work, I have in my head the idea of putting ALL my CDs on to one computer next to the amp and speakers though that might take a bigger hard disk than I could get hold of. Of course this will enter the fuzzy area where all such ideas go and remain for lack of talent, ability or even cash. In this very area, I have recently discovered that the score for Six Pianos is available from Boosey and Hawkes. I once put the first few bars of Six Pianos into the sequencer (at half speed) which gave me a few hours of mixing time but I only had a few rough notes in a book on minimalism. I want the whole thing and better mixing.


No comments: