Monday, May 30, 2011

Oi - Lansley - No!

Well things didn't exactly go quite to plan over the last few weeks. The thing that had to come out did come out nicely and those nice people in the path lab confirmed that it was completely cuddly and nice and was all in one piece. Unfortunately, one of the things on the long list of possible outcomes happened and now I have an extra hole in my head which I need like ... er ... a hole in my head. This sort of stops me doing much - me being self-conscious and other people going "yuck - that's disgusting". Trouble is it doesn't hurt so I'm pretty much just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. There was one positive outcome in that as I lay on the bed in hospital with only The Telegraph for reading matter, for the first time ever I managed to complete the Cryptic Crossword without dictionaries, anagram solvers or son's rinky-dinky little electronic gizmo though this did put my blood pressure up momentarily until the ennui kicked back in. Anyway - solution may be just time or it could be more knife and needle work.



No comments: