Monday, March 21, 2011

Subversion ("More Tea Vicar?" Edition)

Son (7) went into Church Parade singing "The Words That Maketh Murder" yesterday. I have no reports back on any shocked reaction from Purple-permed pillars of local religious society so I think we got away with it. Currently the album from which this song comes is the favourite of four-fifths of the family - my wife likes it a bit having been able to admit that it is actually quite good compared to all the shouting that PJ normally does. I've been trying to write a proper review of Let England Shake for a few weeks now but it needs proper consideration and more than the 20-30 listens I've already given it since it came out. However, review or not, I don't need to wait to say that you must buy it, for it is easily one of the best and most important albums that I can remember hearing since I first started buying music. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: