Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life After Archie



Apparently there will be Noctilucent Clouds visible over Britain all this week which I suppose is quite exciting though obviously I have to stay awake long enough to see them and hope that the permanent greyness disperses as well. None of which is as wonderful as seeing the Horseshoe Vortex cloud that was in the sky as I drove home the other week.



It was indeed fleeting and because I did not have my camera (and couldn't have used it anyway officer) I am sure that bagging it in my Cloud Collector's Handbook would not be allowed.

We have been enjoying Rev on BBC2, a sitcom that has the basic premise of The Vicar of Dibley only not with a woman vicar and not in a charming country parish. And yet for all that lack of cosy teatime goodness it leaves a much warmer feeling. It seems that the struggle to do the right thing in the face of real urban issues makes for better people than the bucolic glow of Dibley. I'm not sure it's gone down too well with the standard C of E old-guard but we like it.


No comments: