Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Testudo

Listening to - Take Five - Dave Brubeck

How boring are Caucuses? I suppose I should take note but Caucuses, along with talk of European constitution seem to be the ultimate political cure for insomnia. Still, I can remember my O-Level history lessons being mainly about the 1832 reform act for ages and us all being intensely interested in it. I can't remember anything about it now other than the date. Our history teacher was very good at making boring parliamentary history interesting. We got over our initial dismay at not having many good wars to do and were quite happy with things like the Chartists and the Peterloo massacre. Maybe we still need a written constitution but any more of this is the news on top of US elections and Euro-red-tape would render the nation collectively unconscious before the end of the headlines.

No comments: